Our guidance is based on the following principles:
- Our priority is to keep young people and adult volunteers safe.
- A national framework will help volunteers locally to focus on delivering high quality programme activities to meet the needs of their young people.
- We actively consider inclusion and accessibility for all in our decisions to resume in line with our values and equality legislation.
- Returning to face-to-face Scout meetings and activities is voluntary and needs to be with consent of volunteers, parents and young people.
- Our approach will be solutions-focussed and in line with government guidance and health and safety legislation. This framework contains the following areas:
- Permissions process including sign off
- Key considerations to be ready to restart face-to-face activities and how these will be phased
- Legal and liability conditions
- Key control measures (‘the COVID code’) for everyone to follow, as shown below:
Getting back together safely: The Covid Code
1. A COVID-safe risk assessment has been completed and we have communicated control measures to volunteers, young people and parents and all are encouraged to raise concerns
2. Additional hygiene measures are in place
3. Social Distancing will be observed (check current distance determined by your Government)
4. Maximum group sizes will be limited and determined by scouts.org.uk and members will be consistent where possible
5. Make adjustments for young people and adults vulnerable or affected by COVID, and consult to make sure return plans are accessible and inclusive