The 2019-2020 annual subscription is £12.50 per month, which is paid by Direct Debit.
This contributes towards the cost of:
- The Scout Association Membership Fee
- Safeguarding & Leader Training
- Rent & shared services provided by EG Parish Council
- Building maintenance, cleaning and utilities
- Badges, resources and equipment
(This is currently under review and is likely to rise in 2020-2021 following an increase in The Scout Association's membership fee).
One off joining costs
When a young person is invested into the Group there is a small charge of £6.00 to cover the cost of their necker and uniform badges.
As a uniformed organisation we expect all young people to wear uniform. The exact requirements differ depending on their age, but is basically a sweatshirt or shirt and blue trousers. Scout Troop members also require a belt.
More uniform information can be found here.
We also have Group T Shirts available to purchase.
Camps & Activities
Camps, trips and some activities will incur an additional cost.
These are examples of recent activities:
- District Football Event £4
- District Laser Quest Event £10
- County Caving Trip £10
- National History Museum, London, £20
- Weekend Camp - £20 - £50 dependant on location and activities provided.
- 7 day Troop Camp - Out of County £150